Finding Valentino in Abruzzo Tour 2014
Searching for a unique holiday experience?
Look no more!
Join me on a custom tour of Abruzzo; a rugged region of Italy, untouched by mass tourism. Abruzzo holds a special place in my heart. This is the Italy I know and love and I am so proud to be able to share it with you.
The small group tour for 11 days/10 nights in October 2014 includes an itinerary handpicked by me to ensure you will experience the best gastronomic, cultural, scenic and local experiences Abruzzo has to offer.
The tour includes private transfers to and from Rome allowing you the opportunity to travel further in Italy before or after the tour.
I have worked closely with Luciana Masci, founder of Touring Abruzzo, to design a custom tour that encompasses aspects from my book Finding Valentino with a range of experiences that will leave you wondering why you hadn't been to Abruzzo before!
This tour will be limited to a small group (max 15) so book early. The tour is managed and operated by Luciana Masci from Touring Abruzzo- feel free to visit their website. To reserve your place, email your name, address and phone number to email@example.com You will then be contacted by Luciana, the tour operator, who will manage all bookings and payments.
- visit my ancestral village
- experience a village festa and procession
- soak-in breathtaking views
- discover quaint hill-top medieval villages and historic towns
- wonder at ancient trabocco fishing structures
- walk rugged mountains, valleys and plateaus and visit the Tibet of Italy
- explore castles, fortresses and ruins
- visit museums and learn about Abruzzese culture and history
- delight in wine tasting at Abruzzo wine producers and cheese tasting at artisan cheese makers
- visit local traditional craftsmen
- wander through seaside villages on the Adriatic
- join the autumn grape harvest at a local grape grower
- meander through local food markets and farmers' markets
- walk through ancient olive groves, enjoy olive oil tastings and visit an olive oil museum
- prepare a traditional 4 course dinner in a private cooking class
- learn about truffles from a local truffle hunter and sample some truffle delicacies
- savour lots of scrumptious food, food, food (Abruzzese of course!)
- and lots more!
Tour dates: October 5 - October 15 2014
Cost: AUD $6050 per person, twin share. (Single supplement AUD $1200)
Click here for a detailed Planned Itinerary.
Click here for inclusions, terms and conditions and other information.
Disclaimer: Angela Di Sciascio is not the tour operator and is not responsible for booking agreements, terms and conditions, payment of fees, cancellations, refunds, inclusions, exclusions or tour management. The tour will be wholly managed and operated by Luciana Masci of Touring Abruzzo.